Stay on Top of Disneyland’s Latest!
Planning a Disneyland visit? The one constant at Disneyland is that things are constantly changing. Staying on top of the latest news ensures you can be “in the know” and prepared for new rides, events and adventures when you arrive. The more you know about the happiest place on Earth, the more you enjoy!
NEWS FLASH!!! Disneyland’s Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (SWGE) will open May 31st, 2019!
You need reservations to visit SWGE until June 23, 2019 (reservations are free). Disneyland resort hotel guests will automatically receive one reservation per guest. All others can get reservations at disneyland.com beginning 10 AM on May 2nd, 2019.
- STAR WARS GALAXY’S EDGE!!! opens May 31st, 2019. Reservations are required to visit from May 31st to June 23rd. Reservations are free (you still need a valid park ticket) and restrict your SWGE visit to a window of time. Reservations available online beginning 5/2/19 at 10 AM PST on Disneyland.com. CLICK HERE for details.
- AFTER DARK – a new series of late night parties at Disneyland After Dark Parties in 2019 include “90’s Night” and “Marvel Super Heroes”. CLICK HERE for details.
- DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASS: For all new Disneyland annual pass purchases and renewals, block out dates will be scheduled by date AND park (Disneyland Park vs California Adventure Park). Due to the opening of Star Wars “Galaxy’s Edge” in Disneyland Park in summer of 2019, Disneyland Park will be specifically blocked for some annual pass holders in anticipation of increased crowds. CLICK HERE to see new pass holder blockout calendar.
- ONLINE FOOD ORDERING: Now you can order your park food on your Disneyland App! Just click “Order Food” on your app opening screen under “My Plans”. Order from many counter service restaurants and even ice cream shops like “Gibson Girl”, “Clarabelles” and “Tiki Juice Bar”. Select from the full online menu, submit your payment and pickup time. When you arrive, use the app to let them know. Your food will be ready at the online pickup counter. Slick!
- OGA’S CANTINA IN GALAXY’S EDGE: Disneyland just announced it will be offering liquor in Disneyland Park with the opening of its “Oga’s Cantina” in the new Galaxy’s Edge park addition May 31st, 2019. See “Galaxy’s Edge Countdown” for latest details
- BUGS LAND: Bugs Land California Adventure Park is closed as of September 4, 2018. It will be replaced with a Marvel Comics based Super Hero attraction – opening date to be announced.
- DOWNTOWN DISNEY: Downtown Disney establishments near the Disneyland Hotel were closed in anticipation of construction on a new Disneyland hotel. Disney recently announced they were no longer going to build the hotel.The following Downtown Disney establishments have been closed : ESPN Zone®, Rainforest Cafe, AMC Downtown Disney Movie Theatres, Starbucks® across from Monorail entrance. HOWEVER – many new restaurants eateries will open soon – Black Top Burgers and Ballast Point Brewery. The “Salt and Straw” ice cream store is now open.