Disneyland Parks ticket purchasing can be daunting. Prices are expensive and deciphering the options – particularly if this is your first trip (or first trip in a while) – can be anxiety-ridden. Do not be intimidated. Whatever you choose, you can always “buy up” while you are there.
Start with the most cost-effective choice – one park, one day. Think you’d like to see both parks in a day? Want to visit more than one day? Love Disneyland and want to spring for an annual pass? Just drop by a park ticket kiosk and upgrade. (Ticket kiosks are open all day until one hour after park closing.) The full price of your original ticket will be applied towards the price of the upgrade.
One Day ticket prices vary by day based on anticipated crowds. A “Value” ticket = lowest crowds, a “Peak” ticket = highest crowds. CLICK HERE for ticket price calendar. If you are visiting on a “Peak” day, BUY YOUR TICKET AHEAD!. On busiest days one or both of the parks can be sold out.
Which Park? A Park Comparison:
Disneyland Park for Grown Ups:
- All the “retro” classic Disney rides and sights (“Pirates of the Caribbean”, “Jungle Cruise”, “The Tiki Room”…).
- Spectacular parade followed by a fireworks production second to none!
- Fantasmic!! An exceptional night performance with music, dancing and special effects.
- Star Wars rides, exhibits and live performances.
- The infamous Dole pineapple whip!
- All decked out for the holidays – don’t miss this park at Halloween and Christmas…particularly at night.
- Eclectic Main Street shopping from Crystal Arts (glass figurines) to Disneyana (local artist showcase).
- It is the original – and has lovingly maintained many of its iconic buildings, rides and historical features.
- Monorail access to Downtown Disney.
California Adventure Park for Grown Ups:
- Liquor – including wine tastings and craft beer kiosks. (No liquor served in Disneyland Park).
- Larger spaces and wider aisles.
- The newest “Pixar “Pier” including the “Incredicoaster”
- The crazy popular rides – “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Radiator Spring”.
- The exceptional live musical theatre production of “Frozen” (Even if you’re not a Frozen fan – go. The actors, staging and special effects are on the level of a Broadway production.).
- Gorgeous decorations and special rides for Halloween and Christmas
- Fabulous Buena Vista Street shops – including high end clothing stores for men and women.
- Direct access to California Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
- MaxPass: This option includes FastPass and PhotoPass privileges with your park ticket. See “MAX PASS” for the scoop.
- Southern Californians can get special rates for multi-day tickets and annual passes. Be sure to ask.
- Discounted tickets for military: Call Disney for details and purchase locations. There are restrictions.
- Annual Passes: These make sense if you visit several days in a year. There are perks – like discounts on merchandise and dining. The cheaper the pass, the more blackout dates.